We collect and process personal information. It helps us to provide our services. If you have opted in to our newsletters we will keep you up to date with important developments in the ever-changing digital world. We will never sell your information and you can change how we contact you at any point.
You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 18 May 2018.
Who we are
We are upriseUP Ltd and we are digital marketing experts. We are registered in England and Wales, Number 07832009. 21 Chiltern House, Chesham, Buckinghamshire HP5 1PS.
What information we are collecting
Website contact forms:
We may collect the following information on our website forms: your name, email, telephone number, company or organisation name, if you are a charity, your website address and if you hold a Google Ad Grant. In the future there may be more information we collect, and this will be clear on our forms.
This data may be processed by third-party company HubSpot (our Customer Relationship Management system or database) so that we can register your interest in our services and respond to your requests.
If you are signing up to receive our email newsletter/s we will also ask you to choose which you would like to subscribe to. This data will be processed by MailChimp.
HubSpot and MailChimp are only processing your data on Uprise Up’s behalf and will not use your data in any way. We will not pass any of your information onto any third parties for their own use.
We collect cookies on our website when you visit. These are small text files that are downloaded onto a computer, tablet or mobile device when someone visits a website. They allow the website to recognise that visitor’s device and store some information about the visitor’s preferences or past actions.
Cookies will usually make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to turn off cookies on this site and on others. The best way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We recommend visiting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website.
We often arrange, attend and speak at industry events. When we meet people who are interested in our services, would like more information and/or who would like to opt into our email newsletters the information you give us (likely from your business card) will be used for us to contact you as verbally agreed and may also be processed by HubSpot and MailChimp.
If you apply for a position here at Uprise Up we will use your information to contact you and to progress your application. With your agreement we may keep your details on file for future positions that may be of interest.
Why we use personal data
- To contact you with the services you have shown interest in, and related services.
- To send you a regular email newsletter with our latest blogs and industry news if you wish us to do so.
- To better understand the performance of our website and target our online advertising campaigns to only show the most relevant ads to you.
- To better understand our marketing activity and what is bringing visitors to our website.
- To enable us to perform the services you have asked us to provide.
- To progress job applications.
How we use personal data
- We may contact you by telephone or email if you have contacted us via our contact us page or any means.
- We may send you an email newsletter if you have agreed for us to do so.
- We may send you any eBook or learning resource that you have requested.
- We may show ads to you on other websites based on your viewing behaviour on our website.
- We may contact you by telephone or email if you have applied to join our Uprise Up team.
How we keep your information secure
We use Microsoft cloud-based storage and have robust internal security measures. We have data agreements with all our third-party processors and they all adhere to the high standards required for GDPR.
Our legal basis for processing data
Anyone collecting personal data needs to have a lawful basis to do so. There are six different bases for processing personal data. Four of these are relevant to the types of processing we carry out;
- to perform a contract with you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, ore
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- where we have your consent.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted.
We may keep data associated with cookies and user IDs for up to 26 months to allow us show you ads on other websites.
You can ask to see what personal information we hold on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also amend your data, withdraw any consent and delete your data at any time (if you ask to delete your data we will retain limited details in a suppression list to ensure we don’t contact you again by accident).